Family

Family
Familles Demers: De Mers! De Foi! De Fidelite!

Sunday, 29 December 2013

Packing

A year to learn French and discover more of my heritage. My mother's side of the family is French (Demers). Her ancestors originated near Dieppe in Normandy, France. They moved to Quebec City in the mid-1600's before continuing on over the years to Montreal, the US and Alberta. I am traveling to see some of the sites for myself. I will spend over four months in Quebec City and eight months in France.

I want to take only as much as I can carry. In the first attempt at packing, my suitcase weighed over 30 pounds - before I added any clothes. It contained, among other necessities, books and kitchen utensils (favorite knives, pepper grinder...). That left less than 20 pounds for clothes. Final weight: 47 pounds. Backpack weighs 21and my canvas tote 12.
Good to go for the next 4 1/2 months! Quebec City - here I come! I arrive late on January 1st. On the 2nd I take possession of my new apartment very close to the school.



I will post what it really looks like when I get there.

This is my first attempt at posting a blog. Another new learning for me.


































1 comment:

  1. Ah yes... the joys of packing! I have gone with an e-book reader... 1000's of books in less than a pound! The apartment looks tres chic!

    ReplyDelete