Family

Family
Familles Demers: De Mers! De Foi! De Fidelite!

Friday, 23 May 2014

Packing...again!

Flying off again in two days!
 
The past two weeks home have been packed with lots of activities. I came back to Prince George in time to get ready for the Returning to Spirit Reconciliation workshop. Spring had arrived at the Domano Renewal Centre:
 

Several deer live on the property. I took these pictures a year or so ago. 
 
The workshop went very well. I am always so inspired by the spirit that breathes through this process. We had 12 Aboriginal and 12 non-Aboriginal participants. It is truly a privilege to be part of this work.


After the workshop Lurana and I went to visit Mom in 100 Mile House. She is doing really well. Lurana didn’t want to tell Mom we were coming. I said we can’t just ring her door bell  –  I didn’t want to give her a heart attack. We called outside Williams Lake. She was very happy to see us.

Great visit – we all enjoyed the down time.
 
 

Coming back to Prince George, I loved the colours of the trees – so many variations of green.
 
I was hoping to see animals along the way. The only ones we saw were humming birds outside Mom’s window.
 
 

After returning home again I have been cleaning, organizing and packing. I also had the chance to connect again with some very good friends.

Before arriving in France, I wanted to book a few things ahead of time. I am taking a week off school the first part of August (the week gets tacked on to the end of my studies so I don’t lose the time).  There is a huge celtic festival in Lorient that I want to go to as well as visit the WW2 sites near Bayeux/Caen. Hotels book up quickly so I wanted to finalize something before I left here. Turns out I got one of the last rooms available in Lorient.  Then there is coordinating with the train schedules. I had planned to stay one night near the Mont St-Michel abbey - even booked a guest house - but I discovered that I wouldn't have made my connecting train to Lorient the next day. I had to cancel the reservation (always get a refundable booking!) and make one in a neighboring town. I will have to visit the abbey another time.

The baggage allowance on Luftansa is stricter than Air Canada – only one carry-on. That is making packing interesting. How much can I fit into one suitcase and one backpack? No kitchen gear, obviously (maybe just my wooden spatula).

Sunday morning will be here before I know it!

 

2 comments:

  1. Susan Susan Susan :) Just read your blog about your return to PG and to mom's (great photos!!). I look forward to seeing and reading about your France and beyond adventure. Take care and travel well :) Love, K&J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We had a great visit. I arrived in Paris yesterday and spent the day walking through the Luxembourg Gardens and visited Notre Dame Cathedral - the same one we visited! I thought of you and our travels. I will post pics soon.

    ReplyDelete